MiTek is offering a 1.5-day virtual Structure with Truss Design virtual class. The dates are December 15th and 16th, with a pre-training meeting on December 14th.
The schedule for the training class is at the bottom of this page.
Regional Class Prerequisites
- Use Structure with Truss Design in a production environment for a minimum of 3 months.
- Complete the following MiTek Learning Channel (MLC) courses:
- USDTSF110 – Introduction to Structure with Truss Design – Floor
- USDTSF310 – MiTek Structure – Advanced Floor Truss Tools
- USDTSD390 – MiTek Structure – Draw a Floor Truss Layout
- USDTSR110 – Introduction to Structure with Truss Design – Roof
- USDTSR310 – MiTek Structure – Advanced Roof Truss Tools
- USDTSR390 – MiTek Structure – Draw a Roof Truss Layout
Structure with Truss Design Regional Class FAQ
Who should attend the regional class?
- Experienced designers looking for assistance in completing the conversion to Structure with Truss Design.
Is this an “introductory” level class?
- No. The regional class assumes that attendees are already familiar with Structure with Truss Design. The goal of the course is to provide experienced designers with the knowledge to confidently convert 100% of their design work to Structure with Truss Design.
What is a “production environment?”
- Designers are qualified for the regional class if they have sent design work to the shop for at least three months. This requirement does NOT require that 100% of jobs sent to the shop are completed using Structure with Truss Design.
What will I learn in the MiTek University courses?
- The MiTek University courses provide all attendees with a base level of knowledge. Introductory level design concepts are covered in both the roof and floor classes. However, understanding these concepts is vital to a productive classroom experience. The online course also requires attendees to draw a plan in Structure with Truss Design and submit it to MiTek for review.